Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the below-mentioned posts. Chris Hani District Municipality subscribes to the principles of employment equity as espoused in the relevant legislation.
[Post level 05: Salary Scale R 222, 192.00 – R 239, 352.00 per annum plus benefits]
Key Responsibilities: (
- Matric, National Diploma /B.Tech Degree in Development Studies or equivalent qualification at NQF level 5 or 6
- At least 3 – 4 years relevant experience
- Computer literacy
- Valid Drivers License.
include but are not limited to)
- Control processes and procedures associated with the planning, drafting and review of the (IDP)Integrated Development Plan of the District
- Provide professional support and guidance to Local Municipalities on IDP processes and reviews
- Analyses and evaluates the Municipality’s performance against specific objectives and deliverables in the IDP.
- Monitoring progress with respect to identified and approved projects against specific key performance indicators and measurers.
- Disseminates functional and operational information on the immediate, short and long term objectives and current developments, problems and constraints.
- Preparing investigational and procedural reports and summaries detailing functional progress and outcomes for submission to the IDP manager for consideration and inclusion in specific Committee Agenda.
NOTE: In compliance with the Chris Hani District Municipality Employment Equity Plan, preference will be given to suitably qualified African males in the above position as guided by the targets. For Employment Equity purposes, it is required that race, gender and disability status be specified.
Fringe Benefits: Medical Aid Scheme, Housing Subsidy, Pension Scheme, Group Life, 13th Cheque and car scheme where applicable.
Enquiries may be directed to Mrs. T. Jaxa and Mr. V. M. Kula at (045) 808 4617/69/85/89.
Application letter accompanied by a comprehensive CV, certified copies of qualifications, identity document and valid drivers licence must be sent to the Chris Hani District Municipality not later than 02nd March 2012 at 12Noon. No faxed CV’’s or e- mail applications will be accepted. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by the Municipality. If the candidate / applicant is found canvassing any of the panelists he / she automatically disqualify him/herself. If the candidate has not been contacted within a month after the closing date he/she must accept that his/her application was unsuccessful.
Applications must be forwarded to:
The Chris Hani District Municipality, Human Resources Section
Private Bag X 7121, Queenstown, 5320 Or hand deliver to 15 Bells Road Queenstown
ACTING MUNICIPAL MANAGER