Applications are invited from suitably qualified persons for the below-mentioned posts. Chris Hani District Municipality subscribes to the principles of employment equity as espoused in the relevant legislation.
CIVIL ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN
[Post level 6: Salary Scale R 201, 180 – R 216, 780.00 Per Annum plus benefits]
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES: (INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO)
- Senior Certificate
- National Diploma in Civil Engineering at NQF level 5
- Valid Professional registration with ECSA
- A valid driver’s license
- Basic Computer literacy
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience in the field of Civil Engineering
- Project Management and Labour Intensive will serve as added advantage
- Provide Assistance to the Project Manager with monitoring of Project implementation.
- Facilitation of Technical support services to the communities.
- Technical records and reporting
- Assist with prioritization of all capital projects and maintenance and existing works.
- Monitoring and Managing projects under implementation
- Monitor the implementation of programme according to defined Key Perfomance Areas.
- Attend community and site meetings
- Responsible for Operation & Maintenance of Water Services Projects
NOTE: In compliance with the Chris Hani District Municipality Employment Equity Plan, preference will be given to suitably qualified African males in the above position as guided by the targets. For Employment Equity purposes, it is required that race, gender and disability status be specified.
Fringe Benefits: Medical Aid Scheme, Housing Subsidy, Pension Scheme, Group Life, 13th Cheque and car scheme where applicable.
Enquiries may be directed to Mrs. T. Jaxa and Mr. V. M. Kula at (045) 808 4617/69/85/89.
Application letter accompanied by a comprehensive CV, certified copies of qualifications, identity document and valid drivers licence must be sent to the Chris Hani District Municipality not later than 02nd March 2012 at 12Noon. No faxed CV’’s or e- mail applications will be accepted. It will be expected of candidates to be available for selection interviews on a date and time as determined by the Municipality. If the candidate / applicant is found canvassing any of the panelists he / she automatically disqualify him/herself. If the candidate has not been contacted within a month after the closing date he/she must accept that his/her application was unsuccessful.
Applications must be forwarded to:
The Chris Hani District Municipality, Human Resources Section
Private Bag X 7121, Queenstown, 5320 Or hand deliver to 15 Bells Road Queenstown
ACTING MUNICIPAL MANAGER