Manager: Wellness Unit
Ms. Sibongile Sojola
WHAT IS EMPLOYEE WELLNESS PROGRAMME?
The Employee wellness programme is a work-based programme designed to assist employees and councillors in identifying and how to deal with personal, social and work-related challenges that may have a negative effect on the employees/ councillors performance and wellbeing.
The programme attempts to restore or improve employee’s well-being holistically and job performance to acceptable levels with minimal interference in the private lives of individuals.
BENEFITS OF THE EMPLOYEE WELLNESS PROGRAMME
- Improve performance
- Improve employee well-being
- Improve organizational image
- The Constitution of the Republic of South Africa, Act 108 of 1996
- The Basic Conditions of Employment Act, Act 75 of 1997,
- Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act, Act 130 of 1993 as amended
- The Employment Equity Act, Act 55 of 1998,
- The Labour Relations Act, Act 66 of 1995,
WHO BENEFITS FROM THE EMPLOYEE WELLNESS PROGRAMME
- All Councillors
- All Employees- Directors, managers, supervisors& l employees
- Immediate family members of the employees and councillors( spouse, immediate children) that directly affects employee and councillor performance.