Acting Municipal Manager
Municipal Manager’s Office (MMO)
- As Acting Accounting Officer, heads the administration of the municipally to enhance policy directions of the municipal council, responsible and accountable to/for:
- The formation and development of an economical effective, efficient and accountable administration
- Responsive to the needs of the local community to participate in the affairs of the municipality.
- The management of the municipality’s administration in accordance with the Local Government Municipal Systems Act of 2000 and other legislation applicable to the municipality.
- The implementation of the municipality’s integrated development plan, and the monitoring of progress with implementation of the plan
- The management of the provision of services to the local community in a sustainable and equitable manner
- The appointment of staff other than those referred to in section 56(cz), subject to the Employment Equity Act, 1998 (Act No. 55 of 1998);
- Advising the council and political office bearers of the municipality;
- Managing communications between the municipality’s administration and council and political office bearers ;
- Carrying out the decisions of the political structures and political office bearers of the municipality;
- The exercise of any powers and the performance of any duties delegated by the municipal council, or sub-delegated by other delegating authorities of the municipality, to the municipal manager in terms of section 59: Facilitating participation by the local community in the affairs of the municipality. Developing and maintaining a system whereby community satisfaction with municipal services is assessed. The implementation of national and provincial legislation applicable to the municipality. The performance of any other function that may be assigned by the municipal council.
- As accounting officer of the municipality the municipal manager is responsible and accountable for: All income and expenditure of the municipality; All assets and the discharge of all liabilities of the municipality; and Proper and diligent compliance with applicable municipal finance management Legislation.
The above functions are carried out in conjunction with five directorates and inter-related Functional Units within the municipality.
- Local Economic Development
- Service Delivery and Infrastructure Development
- Municipal Transformation and Organizational Development
- Municipal Financial Viability and Management
- Deepening Public Participation and Good Governance
- Women’s Month Celebrations