NOTICE: Funding for SMME Initiatives
In line with the Integrated Development Plan, Chris Hani District Municipality has identified Small Micro and Medium Enterprises development as one of the key priority areas that have a potential of making a positive contribution towards economic development of the district.
The aim is to promote social and economic development of the communities within its six local municipalities namely; Emalahleni, Engcobo, Enoch Mgijima, Intsika Yethu, Inxuba Yethemba and Sakhisizwe.
This serves as a call for proposals from the SMME’s that need funding support in the SMME sector.
The funding will be provided to enterprises that meet the following requirements:
1. Enterprises /Projects with significant development impact:
- Job creation /retention: funding must create direct new jobs and/or retain existing ones. All the jobs created directly as a result of the funding must fall within the boundaries of the District.
- Empowerment: funding must directly promote Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment (BBBEE) as envisaged in the Broad Based Black Economic Empowerment Act.
- Value addition: funding must also assist in the process through which a product goes until it reaches the end-user (consumer) and which is divided into value adding stages.
- Development of both rural and urban/township SMMEs/ Cooperatives situated within CHDM: Businesses/ projects must fall within the boundaries of CHDM to be eligible for funding by the District.
2 . Funding is granted for establishing new viable businesses/ projects, expansion of existing ones and business rescue operations
3. All appropriate development funding must however reflect profitability and sustainable commercial viability as determined by the established Selection Committee.
4. Funding limit must be determined by the Selection Committee based on the project VIABILITY.
The following point-scoring criteria will be utilised for the selection of successful enterprises:
|Demonstration of Job Creation||40%|
|Sustainability and Marketing Plan||10%|
|Involvement of youth and/or women||15%|
|Previously Disadvantaged Communities||15%|
REQUIREMENTS FOR GRANT FUNDING APPLICANTS
The applicants must be a South African citizen that is 18 years and older in possession of the following requirements:
- Business Registration Certificate, if applicable
- Valid Tax Clearance Certificate, if applicable
- Certified ID copies of applicant(s)
- Latest business Bank statement, if applicable
- Business plan (proposal)
- Signed application letter
Proposals must be submitted to the nearest Local Municipal offices (LED Units) as well as the Integrated Planning and Economic Development (IPED) offices of CHDM situated at no. 56 Tylden Street, Komani on or before 30 September 2017
Enquiries should be addressed to the Senior Manager: LED Mr Mawethu Danyela on 045 807 4800 or Fax: 045 807 4820 or e-mail: email@example.com